There are, as explained in this post, two categories of opening moves – or strategies – in Diplomacy:
- Spring 1901 Openings: Those moves which are purely ordered in Spring 1901. These are based on a single power.
- Extended Openings: Those which extend beyond S01 and usually involve two or more powers cooperating.
Spring 1901 Openings
- Northern Openings: The Yorkshire Opening
- Northern Openings: The Churchill Opening
- Southern Openings: The Pure Southern
- Southern Openings: The Edinburgh Opening
- The Western Opening
- The Splits